Hey, we finally had our EcoChurch/ChurchoftheWorld meeting and it was really great. Having the TEAM back was great. We talked about all the hollywood stuff that's been happening and then we had a craft where we all made our own Berets. We're going to design badges for our berets that represent what it means to be church to each other next time so make sure you swing by. I'm thinking my bade is going to be either a rainbow or a fist, or maybe a rainbow fist. I'm not sure but something like that.
Anyway, our discussion was about what a Pope should be about. I mean, a lot of people think you don;t need to have a pope but what they don't realize is that there's nothing wrong with that as long as the pope can be anyone or anybody. So here are my criteria.
1. The pope should be a democrat or a green party candidate. I'm thinking maybe Kennedy or Bill Bradley but Ralph Nader might be good too. I've had enough of these republican popes there so judgemental. And republicans are stupid.
2. The pope should be all about listening to people. He shouldn't be telling people what to do all the time that's just stupid. Did Jesus tell people what to do? I don't think so.
3. The pope should be humble. He should like move out of vatican castle and live in an apartment someplace.
4. The pope should stop lecturing people all the time. What makes him so special that he thinks his version the bible is right?
5. I think the pope should probably be a unitarian or something if possible. Or a scientologist.
6. The pope should be in a commited relationship. I'm not saying he has to be married, but he needs to know what its like to struggle like regular people. And he probably should be a woman at least half the time.
7. He should be pastoral. I'm not sure what that means actually but one of the Bouvet twins suggested that and I think their probably right.
8. The pope should dress more like a regular person. I'm thinking ditch the white robes and stuff and put on some jeans and a tee-shirt once in a while. I mean, things are way too up tight.
9. The pope should have abssolute power to tell people to stop fighting and stuff and to clean up the environment. If he says something about war or polution or immigration everybody should stop what their doing and do what he or she said but only if he says something like "STOP FIGHTING" or "STOP POLUTING" or "OPEN YOUR BORDERS" and "REDISTRIBUTE WEALTH NOW!" if he said something like "FIGHT" or "ITS OKAY TO DESTROY THE ENVIRONMENT" or something like that you don't have to listen to him
10. The pope should have a cool name that makes sense! No more of these Pius's or Johns or Pauls or Benedicts. I mean look at all those numbers. What there's been 200 pope john's or something and about eighteen paul's and a half a dozen benedicts? Can't we just get something original like Pope Earthchild or Pope Skyspirit.
Anyway that's my list.