Thursday, May 24, 2007

Welcome New Contributor

My Brothers and Sisters,

I am writing to say welcome to a new contributor, Adoro Te Devote. Fr. Tim said that it was OK for us to invite new people to his blog, and ADT, as I know her, has been a correspondent of mine on matters of faith for some time since I have been in this country. I hope there is no consternation amongst the people of this parish. I saw the Bishop this past weekend at Knoxville's Indult Mass and he expressed some concern over decisions made here at Spirit of Vatican II Parish. I reassured him that while I am new to many things, perhaps an occasional voice from outside the parish may be welcome for reflection. For your consideration, I refer your mind to the Catechism (CCC 2284-2287) and also to Cardinal Ratzinger in "Spirit of the Liturgy": "Not surprisingly, people try to reduce [excess creativity in the priest] by assigning all kinds of liturgical functions to different individuals and entrusting the "creative" planning of the liturgy to groups of people who like to, and are supposed to, "make their own contribution". Less and less is God in the picture. More and more important is what is done by the human beings who meet here and do not like to subject themselves to a "pre-determined pattern""

Pax vobiscum,

Fr. Juno

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adoro, welcome!!! I hope we can all help you on your labyrinth walk to Christ.

Maryann McGronk said...

Yes, Adoro, welcome. I'd be happy to guide you through the labrynth. We have several stations used to reflect on Eco-Spirituality and how Womyn are oppressed by the patriarchy of the Church.

Juno, are you using that patriarchal catechism? Why? Vatican II did away with that.

Father Tim said...

Fr. Juno,

Please come see me this evening after your prayer thing is over.

-Fr. Tim.

Adoro said...

Thanks for the warm welcome, Father Juno!

Che' Lovell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Che' Lovell said...

Father Juno!
Hey! If you can invite people to contribute to this blog, that means I can too. I want Hugo Chavez, Danny Glover, Harry Belafonte, and Michael Moore and Robert Mugabe. I also want Alec Baldwin and that guy from Shawshank redemption and that other guy Morgan Freeman from Shawshank redemption and Christopher Reeves (if it is possible still) and Michael J. Fox, and especially JULIA ROBERTS!

Anonymous said...

Gee, Che', I find it interesting that the ONLY womyn you invite is Julia Roberts.
Um, Susan Sarandon? And that girl from "The Truth about Cats and Dogs?"
And Sister Praline from "Dead Man Walking."
There are many, many womyn who could offer a great contribution to this site.
-Britnee

Maryann McGronk said...

She's right, Che'. At least Adoro is a womyn, if a questionable one.

Che' Lovell said...

I was not opressing womyn who I respect except Peggy Noonan who is an oppressor of womyn and hence I can not respect her or Laura Ingraham either because she in addition to being an oppressor of womyn is a fascist.

However I have moved beyond mere statistical measures of womynhood and have embraced all peoples who share in the eternal feminine especially that Tim Robbins guy from the Shawshank redemption who is married to Susan Sarandon and talks with a lisp.

I would like to point out that outwardly male-gendered peoples like Daniel Curran of the University of Dayton who is a feminist and Bill Clinton who is a feminist and Farther Tim who is a feminist may all be feminists.

And also in fact I don't invite the womyn because they should stay home and cook meals.

Che' Lovell said...

Oh! I didn't mean to say that because except I don't think Julia Roberts should cook meals because she should make more movies.

Che'

Anonymous said...

Hey! It isn't going to work for me to actually move to the community, so I was hoping I could be a guest contributer, too. I'm working on the piece about the beauty of creation, the "table of plenty" and the equality of all creatures before God.

Does someone in charge of this blog have an email? I'd love to be able to be a member of the team!

Sr. Fairah Faucet

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.