Thursday, September 27, 2007

Right on, Sister!

Hey everybody! Boy am I super psyched! Not since Nikki Giovanni has there been a poet of such talent! Joni Mitchell's new song "Shine" is not only the most brilliant poetry disguised as song lyrics, but is right on the money from a socio-political paridigm standpoint:

Shine on the Catholic Church
And the prisons that it owns
Shine on all the Churches
They all love less and less
Shine on a hopeful girl
In a dreamy dress


Joni is one of those womyn poetesses who can really get to the bottom of things without being bound by the old patriarchical rules of meter or rhyme. She also breaks free of the bonds of formalistic reason with her eclectic couplets. This is high art folks!

2 comments:

H. Robert Williams said...

Yes, I am so glad Joni Mitchell is recording again.

I'll have to see if I can get Che to go down to Starbucks for a double mocha espresso and pour it into my jar.

Syb Bob said...

Almost makes me wish we had a cd player here in the community. Or that our Vic20 could play online songs properly.

But Fr. Tim, before our solar power runs out, I just wanted to tell you how much I admire and