Friday, September 14, 2007

Dayton: The New Jerusalem

Hey! I've been doing a little research into various demographic trends, tracking the latest paradigms and whatnot. And something has emerged that has me very excited!

First of all, I'd like to point out the significance of the name "Dayton." Dayton is the name of a city in Tennessee where the Scopes Monkey Trial was held. It was in Dayton, TN that the thinking peoples finally put a stop to the oppressive church/state relationship in which innocent kids were forced to learn that the sun went around the earth, instead of the other way around. It was the final nail in the coffin of "olde tyme religion", and it opened the windows and let in the fresh air of the enlightenment.

So it's no surprise that a city named in honor of Dayton, TN should be the New Jerusalem, and, of course, I'm speaking of Dayton Ohio. Dayton has been home to some heroes of Catholicism::

Martin Sheen

Phil Donohue

Robe Lowe

Dan Montgomery

Now, on the down side, the University of Dayton has produced a number of neanderthals:

Chuck Noll

Dennis Green

Jon Gruden

Still, I'm hopeful that with such a high concentration of legendary peace activists and progressive catholics, Dayton Ohio may very well be that "mecca" that we're all looking for. Stay posted!

1 comment:

Che' Lovell said...

Hey Father Tim!

What is it with football? I mean it is so stupid. Look at all these people who want to go to football games and paint themselves orange. What! I mean I can understand watching something like women's soccer or something because there's like all these cute girls and stuff and they wear shorts and sometimes take off their shirts and things. But football? Its stupid.

I mean, I had a friend named Paige and she played soccer a lot and we hung out for a while and stuff and she was really cute. But she couldn't stand Brenda and got mad at me when I didn't call from Earth Day. But I was really busy and stuff and my friend Caitlin was there and its nuts how girls can get jealous all the time.

Caitlin actually was really into Celtic stuff and she became a druid or something.

I think football is an opiate of the people or something.

Got to run. I've almost got to the point I can beat H. Robert on MegaGodofDeath!

Che'