Thursday, January 24, 2008

Me? A Bishyp?


Hey everybody! Sorry for being a bad 'blogger, but some really cool stuff has been happening and since I can't tell you about it in the homilies anymore, I suppose I better get to 'blogging. Like I always say: Keep on Truckin!

You won't believe this, but I called the Diocese office and apparently me and Fr. Chad of SSLI are the only two priests who have announced our candidacy for Bishop of Knoxville. The person at the "Chancery" tried to tell me that Bishops don't get elected, but I know they were just trying to keep me out of the race. I was a little worried about competition from the pastor around the corner, since we both attract the same demographic, but apparently he's busy and won't be running for Bishop.

So it's a two man race - just me and Fr. Chad. I think we can take 'em! After all, SOV2 has a lot more people than Fr. Chad's parish.

Just think! If I get to be Bishyp, then I can ordain whoever I want! Plus, SOV2 would get to be a cathedral! Just think: "The Cathedral of the Catholic Faith Community of Spirit of Vatican 2!" I am super-psyched.

Apparently there's some other things you have to do when you're a Bishyp such as you have to go to Rome to argue with the Pope and also you have to do "Confirmations" and then there's something with oil that I don't quite get.

On an unrelated note, please be patient with my friend Peevee Rajendajendan. He has never really gotten over the shock of eating H. Robert Williams' brain, and he's acting rather unusually lately. Yesterday he went on and on about wanting to write our mission statement. He's really getting on the nerves of Kip and the OCP guys & gals.

A couple more things:

Hey Ché... I hate to say this, but you're not being very church.

Agent Smith... please stop harassing Dr. Al Fakkir. Firearms are a part of his personal expression of faith and also a valid part of his culture. Haven't you seen those videos of all those muslims jumping around and throwing rocks and shooting things? It's just like firecrackers for them - totally harmless. If you would just leave the muslims in peace, then everybody would be fine.

Peace out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father Chad! Makes us Glad!

LATIN, LATIN, Alll the Day! Hey!

You're not church!

Anonymous said...

[Speaking of bishops, here's a news item about a "local boy" made good. Did he have any "interaction" with SOV2?]

"His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI has named, as the new Bishop of Springfield-Cape Girardeau in Missouri, Monsignor James Vann Johnston, Jr., Chancellor and Moderator of the Curia of the Diocese of Knoxville, Tennessee.

"Bishop-elect Johnston was born in Knoxville in 1959. He attended St. Joseph Elementary School and Knoxville Catholic High School and then studied at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, completing a Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering.

"After having worked for a while, he entered St. Meinrad Seminary in Indiana where he earned a Master’s Degree in Divinity. He would later complete a License in Canon Law at the Catholic University of America in Washington, DC.

"He was ordained a priest June 9, 1990 for the Diocese of Knoxville. After ordination, he served in the following positions: from 1990 to 1992, Parochial Vicar at St. Mary Church in Oak Ridge, Tennessee; from 1992 to 1994, Parochial Vicar at St Jude Church in Chattanooga as well as Chaplain and teacher at Notre Dame School; from 1994 to 1996, studies at Catholic University of America; from 1996 to 2001, Parochial Vicar at Holy Ghost Church in Knoxville; from 1996 onward, Chancellor; and from 2001 onward, Moderator of the Curia. He also served as pastor of Our Lady of Fatima Church in Alcoa since 2007."

Anonymous said...

I think that's the guy who got to I.R.